Wedding Officiants, Sacramento, Roseville Regions
Wedding Officiants FAQ's About Ken Marriage License References Contact Venues Counseling

Wedding Officiants for Sacramento, Roseville, CA Region
Contact Pastor Ken L. Birks

I will help you plan your special ceremony with care and consideration. I have been assisting couples to personalize their wedding ceremony to make it special and unique for over 25 years. I accommodate both casual and formal ceremonies based on your ideas for your special day. I will work with you to make your wedding a very memorable occasion. This is your wedding and I will work with you to make sure it's all that you want it to be. Let me have the privilege of working with you to help you as you create the perfect wedding ceremony that will express your lives together. I look forward to meeting you.

How to Apply for A Marriage License
In Sacramento and Placer County

It is your responsibility to obtain a marriage license prior to the wedding. Information can be found on any County Clerk/Recorder websites. For Placer county, click here. For Sacramento County, click here. The license will only be valid for 90 days, so don't obtain it too early. There are two types of licenses: Public and confidential.

A regular public license can be obtained at any county recorder in California regardless of where, in California you are getting married. A confidential license can only be obtained from the county you are getting married in.

Marriage License Requirements:
  • Both partners must be 18 years or older and be present to apply.
  • Valid picture identification.
  • parents full birth names, including mother's maiden name
  • State or country of birth of parents
  • Date of dissolution of most recent previous marriage (a divorce certificate must be presented).
  • No blood tests are required.
  • You do not have to be a California resident to marry in California.
  • There is no waiting period between receipt of a marriage license and the ceremony.
  • Minors, emancipated minors included, cannot be licensed to marry in California without a parent's written consent and a Superior Court Order.
  • It is your responsibility to get the marriage license. I cannot do that for you.
Marriage License Types:


  • Public
  • License valid for 90 days
  • License can be used throughout the state of California
  • Minors, emancipated minors included, cannot be licensed to marry in California without a parent's written consent and a Superior Court Order
  • One witness is required, but you can have two
  • Witness(es) must be at least 18 years of age


  • Not available for public inspection
  • MUST BE used in the county where purchased only
  • Only the married couple may obtain copies of the marriage license
  • Minimum age 18 years - minors may not purchase a confidential marriage license
  • No witnesses are required

Sacramento County Clerk Recorder's Office
600 8th Street (Enter on "F" St.)
Sacramento, CA 95814

916-874-6131 (Appointment Preferred)

8:00am - 4:20pm

Monday - Friday
Except Holidays

Placer County Clerk - Recorder's Office
2954 Richardson Drive
Auburn, CA 95603


8:00am - 4:30pm

Monday - Friday
Except Holidays

El Dorado County Clerk - Recorder's Office
360 Fair Lane Bldg. B
Placerville, CA 95667


8:00am - 4:30pm

Monday - Friday
Except Holidays

Yolo County Clerk - Recorder's Office
625 Court Street
Room 105
Woodland, CA 95695


8:00am - 4:00pm

Monday - Friday
Except Holidays


Nevada County Recorder
950 Maidu Avenue
Nevada City, CA 95959


8:00am - 4:00pm

Monday - Friday
Except Holidays

Pre-Marital Counseling | Marriage License | Cost Services Offered | Ceremony Pastor | Roseville CA | Blood Test | Rehearsal Role
Sermon Outlines Central & Bible Studies | Christian Podcasts | Pastor Ken Birks | Online Audio Sermons | Directories

This website designed and optimized by Straight Arrow Enterprises